Laish is the musical project of Danny Green, Yorkshire-born and London-based acclaimed songwriter, and multi-instrumentalist.
The Laish touring band is either solo guitar and voice, or trio with drums and keys. UK booking, Shaun: email@example.com
France booking, Sean: Sean@talitres.com
Italy booking, Davide: firstname.lastname@example.org
Music video – Song for Everything
Live video trio band – Vague
Live video with choir at Union Chapel – Warm the Wind
Music video – Learning to Love the Bomb
Live shows are highly energetic and infused with a sort of dry British humour. Prominent shows include some of the UK’s most prestigious venues like Union Chapel, Roundhouse and Barbican. Laish have toured extensively across the UK and Europe and performed at festivals including End of the Road, Smugglers, Larmer Tree, and Cambridge Folk.
The latest Laish album, Pendulum Swing, released by respected French label, Talitres, garnered some extremely positive reviews:
- “Pendulum Swing already ranks among the great records, not only of the past year, but of the current decade.” Indie Rock
- “I just thought this is a great pop record” Steve Lamacq, BBC 6Music
- “Super catchy, making for a really interesting and sophisticated and splendid new discovery.” Chris Hawkins, BBC 6 Music
- “An expertly crafted set of songs. Danny reveals a depth of confessional melancholy and sharp observation” Folk Radio UK
- “A set of emotionally rich and beautiful songs” Brighton’s Finest
Radio support comes from BBC DJs Steve Lamacq, The Late Junction, Tom Robinson, Marc Riley, Tom Ravenscroft, Gideon Coe, Don Letts, Chris Hawkins, and Roddy Hart.