Danny Green, aka Laish, is known for honest, self-reflective songs and stunning live performances. Danny possesses a distinctive, plaintive tenor which is deep, richly textured and affecting. Gentle fingerpicked acoustic ballads and robust art rock jams for relationships failed and survived.
Currently based in London, Danny Laish has had an impressive independent career performing both solo and with a full band. Prominent shows include some of the UK’s most prestigious venues including Union Chapel, Roundhouse and Barbican. Laish have toured extensively across UK and Europe and performed at festivals including End of the Road Festival and Cambridge Folk.
- “I just thought this is a great pop record.” Steve Lamacq, BBC 6Music
- “Beautiful and hypnotic” Tom Robinson, BBC 6Music
- “Favourite new song of the week – now with great 70s retro video. Super catchy, there’s a lot going on there, making for a really interesting and sophisticated and splendid new discovery.” Chris Hawkins, BBC 6 Music
- “This is warm, heartfelt and uplifting stuff.” – The Crack
- “Beguling songs of love” – Mojo
- “This is real, beautiful, honest, gracious and just plain wonderful music. 9/10” –The Blue Walrus
- “Bouncy pop numbers with a gentle wink, and just general melodic gorgeousness, distributed across 4 lovely new tracks. Laish have a way with harmony and arrangement that is difficult to resist, and a mastery of phrase which will stay with you – a lyric in one of their tracks remains one of my all-time favourites.” Dani Charlton, Amazing Radio
- “Simultaneously sophisticated, poppy, simple at times, experimental at others, Song For Everything is like a tasting plate of all of Laish’s best abilities, honed and carefully fashioned over his prolific career.” – For Folks Sake
- “I really love it! Every track is golden.” Chris T-T, Totally Radio
- “This is without a doubt one of the best songs released so far this year and now it has the best video.” Southcoasting