Hi all. Hope you are well.
Since we last spoke, a lot has happened. Most importantly we played a life-enhancing full band set at End of the Road Festival. Such a joyous weekend. I just didn’t see a bad band and I felt like I was just where I belonged. Already looking forward to next year. The photo shows us doing a stage invasion with ukuleles on The Woods stage with The Leisure Society. Helen True took the photo.
As for Laish, End of the Road will be the last full band show we do for a while. Quite a few changes in our camp and all future shows listed for the moment will be me playing solo. Got some great gigs coming up and I’m really enjoying the freedom it affords me. I think I’m getting pretty good but I have a lifetime to master it so no rush, right?
- September 19th, Bom Banes, Brighton
- September 28th, Redchurch Brewery, London (5-11pm)
- September 29th, The Harrison, Kings Cross, London
- October 2nd, Haberdashery, Crouch End, London (7.15pm)
- October 10th, Gallery Cafe, London
- October 22nd, The Finsbury, London
Mike Watts took that photo.
Here’s a recording I made recently of Deep Blue Sea, kind of a traditional song but made famous by a lovely rendition from Grizzly Bear. I made it as a birthday present but you can download it for free because I love you.