Danny presents a monthly show on Simple Folk Radio, which broadcasts on Folk Radio UK and Brighton’s Radio Reverb. The show has been going since 2005, the brainchild of the rather legendary Dillon Swinhoe. The focus of the show is music which would fall into the categories of folk, country, indie, outsider, amateur, experimental, pop and all manners of rock. There is a massive archive of original and exclusive sessions recorded by bands and singers over the years. This includes the likes of Phosphorescent, James Yorkston, Jeffrey Lewis, David Thomas Broughton, Akron Family, Birdengine, Charlie Parr, Richard Dawson, Rozi Plain. The list goes on.
The most recent shows have been uploaded through MixCloud which does seem to make the whole thing a bit easier to follow and perhaps a bit nicer to look at. It is an amazing thing. You should listen. Below, are listed all the shows that Danny’s been involved with. There’s loads more great shows from Dillon and co on the main website.
- March 2013 – LAISH live session
- March 2013 – Richard Dawson session
- January 2013 – Alabaster Deplume Session and Rory Dickenson guest
- December 2012 – Daniel Dixon Session and Rozi Plain guest
- December 2012 – Devon Sproule session, Nick Hemming guest (The Leisure Society)
- September 2012 – Danny Knight guest
- September 2012 – Redwood Red and Dollboy Sessions, Redwood Red guest
- September 2012 – Willy Mason session
- August 2012 – Phosphorescent session
- June 2012 – Sons of Noel and Adrian and Eric Chenaux session, Tom Cowan (Sons) guest
- June 2012 – Jeremy Benson and Like Spinning sessions, Tom Cowan (Sons) guest
- April 2012 – Rory Dickenson guest
- For sessions March 2012 and before click here
N.B. I’m always looking for good new music to play on the show so if you got a new release to send digitally or if you want to send me a cd then email me here: firstname.lastname@example.org